We are seeking to recruit a Business Development Lead (Senior Manager, Associate Director) to help us expand our business in Europe.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Sell Bioinformatics services/products to pharmaceutical, biotech and life science companies.
- Identify new potential business prospects across Pharma, Biotech, VC, non-profits, research institutes, and agrochemical segments and build a pipeline of opportunities through various activities including leveraging network, desk-bound research, cold calling, attending events, networking, etc.
- Meet/exceed quarterly and annual sales targets assigned for your territory.
- Identify/contact/nurture key decision makers at prospect and existing accounts and facilitate meetings with the technical teams and senior leadership as required. This role will collaborate extensively with our technical and solutioning teams and the business unit head in engaging with clients in a consultative approach.
- In both existing and new accounts utilize strong sales skills throughout the sales cycle to understand client needs, identify opportunities, coordinate presentations, work with solutioning team to share client-facing proposal, and close deals.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills to negotiate contracts and/or proposals and build long-term relationships with both clients and internal partners.
- Travel to develop and grow customer relationships.
- Work with Inside Sales to drive effective prospecting of new clients
- Using CRM, maintain up to date sales information, visit reports, forecasts/pipelines, report individual sales results and analysis/interpretation of sales trends.
Who are you?
- You are a collaborative pioneering, hunter, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and experienced in selling Bioinformatics services to decision makers in pharmaceutical / biotech / CRO / life-sciences companies.
- You have a solid understanding of drug discovery and development, have a strong scientific background (ideally an advanced degree in science), and have a deep network of decision makers in EU/UK.
- You have experience and are comfortable working in a global organization spanning multiple time zones and cultures.
- You are a true team player who inspires others with unquestionable integrity and professionalism, combined with an obsession with customer-centricity.
- You are located in the EU/UK but are used to collaborating with global teams.
What can you expect from us?
- A challenging job environment with advancement opportunities
- A dynamic company with an open culture, easy communication and ambitious vision
- Project guidance and support from our academic experts and peers
- A strong focus on your personal and professional development
- An attractive salary with additional benefits