Computational biologists with bioinformatics, statistical and IT interests can apply for a role as Full Stack Bioinformatics Consultant.
Who are we?
BISC Global is a young and fast growing company active in Bioinformatics and Statistics Consulting. In recent years, the major challenges in biotechnological research have shifted away from generating data and more towards data analysis. It is our goal to address these changing needs and build bridges between the worlds of biology and informatics, mathematics and engineering, young professionals and established experts.
As Full Stack or Principal Consultant you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects of BICSC Global’s customers in the pharmaceutical industry, biotech and academia. You work full- or part-time on-site with the costumer, where you aid them with functional analysis, data-integration or implementing and executing analysis methodologies and visualisation techniques. Throughout this, you are coached by our team of senior experts in bioinformatics and statistics to provide you with optimal support in you professional and personal development.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a PhD degree or a MSc degree + 4 years of experience a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Statistical Data Analysis, Mathematics or an equivalent degree or experience in a related field.
- You have a strong background in data management, cloud infrastructure and software development applied in life science fields
- You have knowledge of data structures and databases, and are used to working with publicly available datasets and tools
- Experience in co-developing web frontend e.g. Java react is a plus
- Experience with data analysis strategies and techniques within life science fields, preferably with applications to high-throughput sequencing or other biological assays is a plus
- Experience in designing user interactive software is a plus
- You have strong programming skills in Unix and in standard bioinformatics tools (Python, R or others)
- You are knowledgeable in one or more programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or data base languages such as SQL
- You are familiar with best practices in coding, including techniques of reproducible and transparent science (github/bitbucket, DockerHub, markdown documentation), workflow managers (e.g., Nextflow, Snakemake, etc.) and documentation.
- You have experience with project management.
- You are strong in communicating technical information, both to a technical and nontechnical audience.
What is expected of you?
- You enjoy project-based work and have a strong analytical mindset
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment with people of diverse professional backgrounds (IT, (molecular) biology, chemistry, statistics, etc.)
- You are communicative and customer focused
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbally
- You act as a mentor towards younger colleagues at BISC Global
- You take initiative and have an eye for new opportunities
What do we offer?
- A challenging job environment with advancement opportunities
- A young and dynamic company with an open culture, easy communication and ambitious vision
- Project guidance and support from our academic experts
- A strong focus on your personal and professional development
- An attractive salary with additional benefits
Please send your resume and motivation letter to: Stephani Lane, US HR Business Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org