Computational biologists, bioinformaticians and statisticians with extensive industry experience can apply for a role as Senior Consultant.
Who are we?
BISC Global is a young and fast growing company active in Bioinformatics and Statistics Consulting. In recent years, the major challenges in biotechnological research have shifted away from generating data and more towards data analysis. It is our goal to address these changing needs and build bridges between the worlds of biology and informatics, mathematics and engineering, young professionals and established experts.
As Senior Consultant you put your knowledge and experience with high-throughput genomic technology, pipeline development and programming at the service of BISC Global’s customers in the pharmaceutical industry, biotech and academia. You work full- or part-time on-site with the customer where you aid them with functional analysis and data-integration, as well as more complex problems such as developing and implementing software methodologies and computational tools, experimental design and project management. In addition, you support younger BISC Global colleagues with their questions and projects.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a PhD degree in Bioinformatics or equivalent experience
- You have profound knowledge of molecular biology and biostatistics
- You have experience in development, optimisation and automation of analysis pipelines for high dimensional data (genetics, epigenetics, transcriptomics and/or proteomics)
- You have experience with data modelling and graphic interfaces
- You have knowledge of programming and algorithm development
- You have experience with project management
- You are strong in communicating technical information, both to a technical and nontechnical audience
- Knowledge of statistic and experimental design is desirable
What is expected of you?
- You enjoy project-based work and have a strong analytical mindset
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment with people of diverse professional backgrounds (IT, (molecular) biology, chemistry, statistics, etc.)
- You are communicative and customer focused
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbally
- You act as a mentor towards younger colleagues at BISC Global
- You take initiative and have an eye for new opportunities
What do we offer?
- A challenging job environment with advancement opportunities
- A young and dynamic company with an open culture, easy communication and ambitious vision
- A rich team with a mix of backgrounds, experiences and expertise
- Independence and flexibility
- An attractive salary package with additional benefits
- An attractive salary with additional benefits
Please send your resume and motivation letter to: Helen De Block