Computational biologists, bioinformaticians and statisticians with extensive industry experience can apply for a role as Senior Consultant.
Who are we?
BISC Global is a young and fast growing company active in Bioinformatics and Statistics Consulting. In recent years, the major challenges in biotechnological research have shifted away from generating data and more towards data analysis. It is our goal to address these changing needs and build bridges between the worlds of biology and informatics, mathematics and engineering, young professionals and established experts.
As Consultant you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects of BISC Global’s customers in the pharmaceutical industry, biotech and academia. You work full- or part-time on-site with the costumer, where you aid them with functional analysis, data-integration or implementing and executing analysis methodologies and visualisation techniques. Throughout this, you are coached by our team of senior experts in bioinformatics and statistics to provide you with optimal support in you professional and personal development.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, or equivalent degree or experience
- You have profound knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, epigenetics, transcriptomics and proteomics
- You have knowledge of data analysis strategies and techniques (sequencing-based and/or micro-arrays) and workflows
- You have knowledge of data structures and databases, and are used to working with publicly available datasets and tools
- You have basic knowledge of programming (ex. R, Python)
- Previous experience with bioinformatics projects (pathway analysis, differential analysis, data and text mining, database querying, machine learning etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of statistical and experimental design is a plus
What is expected of you?
- You enjoy project-based working and have a strong analytical mindset
- You are eager to learn and have a healthy sense of responsibility
- You can work independently but are also a team player
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment with people of diverse professional background (IT, (molecular) biology, chemistry, statistics, etc.)
- You are communicative and costumer focused
- You are fluent written and verbally in English
What do we offer?
- A challenging job environment with advancement opportunities
- A young and dynamic company with an open culture, easy communication and ambitious vision
- Project guidance and support from our academic experts
- A strong focus on your personal and professional development
- An attractive salary with additional benefits
Please send your resume and motivation letter to: Helen De Block