Computational biologists or Computer Scientists with (bio)statistical and IT interests can apply for a role as (Senior) Statistics and ML Consultant.
Who are we?
BISC Global is a young and fast growing company active in Bioinformatics and Statistics Consulting. In recent years, the major challenges in biotechnological research have shifted away from generating data and more towards data analysis. It is our goal to address these changing needs and build bridges between the worlds of biology and informatics, mathematics and engineering, young professionals and established experts.
As (Senior) Consultant you put your knowledge and experience with high-throughput technology, pipeline development and programming at the service of BISC Global’s customers in the pharmaceutical industry, biotech, and academia. You work full- or part-time on-site with the customer where you aid them with functional analysis and data-integration, as well as more complex problems such as developing and implementing software methodologies and computational tools, experimental design, and project management. In addition, you support younger BISC Global colleagues with their questions and projects.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a PhD degree or a MSc degree + 4 years of experience in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Statistical Data Analysis, Mathematics or an equivalent degree or experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in statistical, ML and AI methods in data analysis, preferably with applications to high-throughput sequencing or other biological assays
- You have experience with data modelling, visualisation, and graphic interfaces.
- You have knowledge of data structures, databases, and diverse data types and sources is preferred (e.g. clinical trial data, public database, omics data, imaging, wearable data, etc.).
- Knowledge of molecular biology or application of computational approaches within these fields is desirable.
- You are experienced in development, optimisation, and automation of analysis pipelines for high dimensional data.
- You have strong programming skills in Unix and in standard bioinformatics tools (Python, R or others)
- Experience/knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or data base languages such as SQL are a plus.
- You are familiar with best practices in coding, including techniques of reproducible and transparent science (github/bitbucket, DockerHub, markdown documentation), workflow managers (e.g., Nextflow, Snakemake, etc.) and documentation.
- You have experience with project management
- You are strong in communicating technical information, both to a technical and nontechnical audience
What is expected of you?
- You enjoy project-based work and have a strong analytical mindset
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment with people of diverse professional backgrounds (IT, (molecular) biology, chemistry, statistics, etc.)
- You are communicative and customer focused
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbally
- You act as a mentor towards younger colleagues at BISC Global
- You take initiative and have an eye for new opportunities
What do we offer?
- A challenging job environment with advancement opportunities
- A young and dynamic company with an open culture, easy communication and ambitious vision
- Project guidance and support from our academic experts
- A strong focus on your personal and professional development
- An attractive salary with additional benefits
Please send your resume and motivation letter to: Helen De Block, firstname.lastname@example.org